In accordance with Florida Law, prior to enrollment, prospective students must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Have taken and received a passing grade in three college level credits each of Math and English, or demonstrate competencies by passing the College Level Equivalent Proficiency (CLEP) for Math and/or English. Click here for more information: https://clep.collegeboard.org
In addition to Florida Law requirements, prior to enrollment, prospective students must:
- Attend an “Aspiring Student Meeting” or equivalent workshop (see events schedule).
- Attend a 15 hour minimum Childbirth Education Training within the last two (2) years or hold a current Childbirth Educator Certification. Click here for FSTM-approved Childbirth Educator Trainings.
- Attend a 15 hour minimum Doula training within the last two (2) years, or hold a current Doula certification. Click here for FSTM-approved Doula Trainings.
ALL PREREQUISITES*** MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS! YOU CAN APPLY NOW AND COMPLETE PREREQUISITES OVER THE SUMMER!
***Doula and Childbirth Education can be completed prior to first day of class – all other prerequisites must be completed at time of application.